Saturday, June 29, 2013

Can you recommend a good blender/food processor?

cuisinart ice 30
 on ... If you enjoy making homemade ice cream , then trying unusual ice cream
cuisinart ice 30 image



manqiufen


I have tried all the cheap walmart brands ranging from $30-some to $70-some dollars. I have tried these over the last 4-5 years. I have yet to find a good one. What do I mean by "good one"? One that will crush ice for smoothies, will emolsify dressings, will actually puree, and that doesn't get stuck all the time. When I was a kid I had no problem using whatever blender my mom had.. very old. I have also worked in restaurants and have had no problem with professional models. Is there a tried and true "good one" out there for under $100?? I love to make fresh sauces and salsas and puree soups etc and I have been nothing but disappointed with inexpensive blenders. I wonder why are they even on the shelf? help -- TIA!


Answer
The Cuisinart blender is my favourite. I got it for about $85 (Canadian) had it for 6 years and it just died. And I abused that thing- I dropped it a few times, I often pureed thick mixtures, and soups, made smoothies every day, crushed ice for cocktails, etc. Then I threw it in the dishwasher hundreds of times.

I got another cheaper 650 watt Black and Decker model-about $50 at Costco- it was horrible. It strained and shook to crush ice cubes and puree things, and it completely conked out after a week. I'm getting another Cuisinart, same model- the power of that thing was awesome, and even on the day it died the blades were still sharp. I got it at Sears, and I'm going back there to buy again. I've heard that the KitchenAid one is fantastic, it's what all the chefs on the Food Network use, but you will pay a lot more.



No comments:

Post a Comment