Sunday, June 16, 2013

Can I use caramel fudge ice cream topping for baking?

ice cream jar
 on Adirondack Baker: Easy, No Bake, Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
ice cream jar image



Kay


I want to bake chocolate brownies and add caramel to it. I always have trouble melting hard caramel candies without burning them, so I thought it'd be simpler to use caramel ice-cream topping. Would that be OK? I don't want it to bake and get hard and crunchy or anything, I want it gooey and smooth like it is out of the jar. Would this work? If so, how would I go about it without burning it?


Answer
My sister and I do it all the time with brownies! Yum.

Be careful on how much you add because it can get uber gooey. But if you like it then thats great lol

What we do is make the brownie mix, pour it into the pan, and then drizzle the carmel on top of that.

We take a toothpick or something and swirl it through at that point to our liking. Good luck :)



No comments:

Post a Comment