Wednesday, September 25, 2013

soft served ice cream basic ingredients. Help me! I need to make my own than buy the pre-mixed powder?

soft ice cream maker
 on Soft Served Ice Cream Maker: Mmm Mmm Good! | Government Auctions Blog
soft ice cream maker image



carleon01


I have an soft served ice cream maker. I want to find out about the raw ingredients since powder mixes are expensive.


Answer
Basic vanilla - however - add whatever you like (fruit or chocolate etc....)

2 cups scalded milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 quart thin cream
2 tablespoons vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, and salt, add egg slightly beaten, and milk gradually; cook over hot water twenty minutes, stirring constantly at first; should custard have curdled appearance, it will disappear in freezing.
When cool, add cream and flavoring; strain and freeze.



No comments:

Post a Comment