Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What kind of cake should I make?

ice cream room decor
 on Diner Booths Tables Chairs Dinette Pub Sets Barstools Restaurant 1950s ...
ice cream room decor image



Hopper


I want to make a birthday cake for my room mate, and I have some experience making fancy cakes. Only problem is I'm limited to my dorm room. I have a few supplies, two round cake pans, three piping tips (small drop flower, large drop flower(the pointy churro one), and leaf), blue, yellow, and green food coloring. That's about it. Any ideas for decrations? Unfortunately I don't have a writing tip, black/red food coloring, or fondant.


Answer
Well you can have a delicious cake look disgusting or you can decorate a brick to look like a cake (say it's original style pound cake and they'll never know!).

But if you scarce on cake decor, try choosing a cake with a color that goes with were you serve it. For example a simple white glaze dribbled on a pumpkin cake looks wonderful on a simple wooden table with a few leaves and a candle.

But it really is just icing on the cake. So I'd focus on the cake it self and what you might have with it. Even simple cake recipes can go a long way if you throw in some spices and serve with hot tea. Also remember there are some always classic combos, dark chocolate with a layer or raspberries, lemon and poppy seeds, and my new favorite, (I never thought I'd like white cake) white cake with a thin layer of whip cream and fresh strawberries, a not too sweet frosting and some white chocolate shavings.



No comments:

Post a Comment