Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How to make vegan ice cream?

ice cream churn
 on ... Her Majesty's Secret Dinner Service: No-Churn Brandy Butter Ice Cream
ice cream churn image



Sarah


I'm not vegan, but, I can't have milk or dairy. I like non-dairy ice cream you can buy at the store, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to make non-dairy ice cream at home, and if you can make it without an ice cream churn..... Please help.


Answer
I make ones with both soya milk and almond milk, I cannot have rice, I warm either one, sweeten it with your choice of sweetener, one word of advise, make it a bit on the sweet side as once it freezes it does fade, I use Splenda and Honey but regular sugar, Agave nectar or just straight honey is fine, I thicken it with a starch solution, now you can use an egg in this if your not a vegan or vegetarian, it makes it creamier, essentially it is like making a milk pudding custard with a non dairy milk product, I chill the mix for 12-24 hours and process in my ice cream machine, but you can make the mix, freeze in ice cube trays from the Dollar stores and the buzz these in a blender or food processor to make a slushy like ice cream, you can add fruits, fruit puree's, chocolate, other flavours you can make it with vanilla and chocolate soya or almond milks to for a quicker method.



No comments:

Post a Comment