Thursday, October 31, 2013

How do i make some good homemade icing?

homemade icing
 on Homemade White Frosting Recipes
homemade icing image



megan e


I am looking for the best recipe for homemade icing. I don't like my icing too sweet.Sorta like butter cream maybe? Anyways, I'm trying to make some valentine cookies for my parents and my grandparents.It would be big help if someone could give me a perfect recipe for the perfect icing! Thanks for your help!


Answer
Best Buttercream -this recipe is similar to one my mom got from a neighbor, we called it Betty White's frosting. It is mild and not too sweet.
Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1.In small saucepan cook flour and milk until it forms a ball, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
2.With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
3.Beat both mixtures together on high speed until fluffy and smooth. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour, until it is of spreading consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment