Friday, October 18, 2013

I need recipes for ice cream that do not need cooking!!!?

quick chill ice cream maker
 on Home Toll Free 1800 686 086 gelato ice cream yoghurt custard cream ...
quick chill ice cream maker image



Pistol


I just picked up another ice cream machine and want to use it but I don't want to have to cook anything. My old machine never called for cooking. I have lost my old recipe book. The new book calls for everything to be cooked. Please assist me in finding these because I am making ice cream at a family gathering this weekend. My machine is a 4 quart. Thankyou in advance for any solutions.


Answer
Here's my recipe from my book. Just put it in your ice cream maker instead of using a Dutch oven. Good Luck!

Dutch Oven Style Spumoni Ice Cream
David Herzog

1 package pistachio instant pudding (3.4 oz.)
1 package chocolate instant pudding (3.4 oz.)
1 package vanilla instant pudding (3.4 oz.)
For each package of pudding:
2 c. milk
½ c. sugar
1 egg
¼ tsp. lemon juice
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
For pistachio flavor:
¾ c. pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
For strawberry flavor
¼ cup strawberry flavored Nestlie’s Quick or similar
1/8 tsp red food coloring
¼ c. dehydrated cherries

3 10” Dutch ovens, chilled in ice and rock salt, one for each flavor
Pack the Dutch ovens in ice layered with rock salt within ¼ inch from the top of the oven.
For each flavor, mix pudding and milk. In a separate bowl, mix sugar and egg, add to pudding mixture.
Pour mixture into a dry Dutch oven, add whipping cream and evaporated milk; stir. Cover with lid.
Lift the lid and stir every 15 minutes. Add ice and rock salt as needed, and drain water every 30 minutes. Total freezing time, about 90 minutes, or longer if it’s hot out. May be eaten soft but more time is needed for a harder product. When frozen, combine all 3 flavors and lightly swirl together just before serving. Or, layer in another Dutch oven like a cake. Serves24 to 30



No comments:

Post a Comment