Sunday, October 13, 2013

Can you still use an electric ice cream maker if you have lost the lid?

ice cream freezer maker
 on Cuisinart ice cream maker - all new Duo | Appliancist
ice cream freezer maker image



Pink Cowgi


I just pulled out my electric ice cream maker and noticed the clear plastic lid is gone. I have the padle, the outside and inside containers, and the motor, but not the lid for the inner container. I was going to make ice cream for tomorrow but I don't know if I should try to use it without the lid. Would aluminum foil work as a temporary fix?


Answer
If I'm not mistaken, the lid holds the dasher in place while the freezer part turns on the base (I have a Krups electric ice cream maker and that's how mine works), so you probably can't.



No comments:

Post a Comment