Friday, October 18, 2013

How lucrative is the ice cream vending business? Looking at buying a bike to vend it?

ice cream vending
 on bicycle ice cream carts, bicycle ice cream carts Manufacturers in ...
ice cream vending image



jakekno


I am thinking about purchasing an ice cream vending bike an plan to operate it after work during the week and on weekends. The city population is about 35-40,000. What kind of operating costs can I expect and is there "decent" money to be made. Thank you for any help


Answer
My co-worker's dad has has an ice cream truck business for 10 years. He has supported himself his wife and two kids with this business. Put them through school, bought them cars, etc.

According to my co-worker his dad brings in close to 100k a year. I don't know if that's true but it looks like it's profitable enough to support a small family and a mortgage.

He also wanted to tell you that his Dad has had a few attempted robberies but because he is in a truck he was able to fight off the robbers. But on a bike you're exposed so be careful on those bad neigborhoods.

I wish you the best of luck in your business.



No comments:

Post a Comment