Saturday, October 12, 2013

What are the dangers of scratching a freezer bowl of an ice cream maker?

manual ice cream maker
 on ... qt cuisinart ice 20 automatic frozen yogurt 1 5 quart ice cream maker
manual ice cream maker image






I just made some ice cream and was trying to scrape out the last little bits at the bottom when I realized that there were many little scratches at the bottom (silly me). So I read the instruction manual and it has in BOLD that it is very important that the freezer bowl is not scratched... it also mentions that this is important for the safety of people using the ice cream maker. Does anyone know why that is, and what kinds of danger they are talking about? Please help.. I really want to eat my ice cream.


Answer
If it is stainless steel the scratched surface could rust. If it is glass or plastic it could fracture or crack because its molecular integrity has been compromised.



No comments:

Post a Comment