Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My chocolate ice cream turns out like pudding?

kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment
 on kitchenAid-Ice-Cream-Maker-Attachment.png
kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment image



Marc S


I am using a Philadelphia-style recipe, freezing in a KitchenAid attachment. My vanilla-bean comes out really well, with good aeration and great texture. The chocolate comes out like frozen pudding or frozen truffles. Yummy, but not ice cream! Thanks!


Answer
I'm not sure how the Kitchen-Aid attachment works. I use a cuisinart ice cream maker. The dasher is what helps to break up the ice crystals and aerate the mixture, just like when you whip cream into peaks. Without the air in the ice cream, it would just become a frozen mixture. Maybe it's just your recipe that is faulty.

Try my chocolate ice cream recipe. It doesn't have eggs, but you will still have to heat it so the chocolate cocoa can dissolve. It tastes like fudgsicles.

http://www.ice-cream-freaks.com/chocolate-ice-cream-recipe.html

Enjoy,
Dessa



No comments:

Post a Comment