Friday, October 25, 2013

Is there a way to make ice cream at home like the soft serve that you buy at the store?

home soft serve
 on home soft serve ice cream machine: Deni Soft Serve Ice Cream Makerhome ...
home soft serve image



longview12


I want to try and make ice cream at home, but I don't like hard ice cream. I like the creamy smooth kind that I can buy at some ice cream shops. I am not sure that can be made at home. I think those shops whip air into it. Can that be done at home?


Answer
Cuisinart makes a specific soft-serve ice cream maker. Most ice cream recipes for home use suggest that the ice cream be allowed to "ripen" in the freezer for a couple of hours after the ice cream is done churning. If you skip this step and just eat it when it is done churning, it has a consistency like that of soft-serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment