Thursday, July 25, 2013

What it meant by getting your basics before going off to a university?

back to basics
 on Christina Aguilera on her Back to Basics tour. �
back to basics image



Dominatinq


I'm in high classes at my school. I'm a junior and I taken all my math I have no other math classes anymore. People are telling me that I am making an excellent decision getting ahead. They are telling me that I should go to a community college, get all my basics then go off to a university and I will literally be graduating college like a year or two right after high school, then I would already be in med school. I'm kinda lost with all of this and I don't exactly understand what it's meant by all of this. Like does basics have to do with core classes or something? How long will I be doing basics? And when I do go off to a university do I stay there to fill in the rest of the time I need? Like if I do basics for 2 years will I be in a university for two years? What all will I be doing when getting my basics or is this just a bunch of nonsense that people are talking? I. Sorry for all the questions I'm just very curious. Thanks!


Answer
Ok I think by "basics" you mean "prerequisites." For the first 2 years of college, you will be doing prerequisites. The last two years are for you to do your major work. Depending on the individual, you may take more or less time complete your degree (some people take 3 years, some take 5 or more). The plan is set up so it is supposed to take 4 years though.
You have to take your prerequisites before you can take your major classes. Prerequisites consist of math, history, English, science, and foreign language -- basically the same subjects that are offered in high schools (but at a higher level). That is why a lot of people say they are subjects you can take anywhere. If you take them in a community college, they will be easier and cost less money. Some people look down upon community colleges though so they don't like them. At the end of the day, your degree will be from the university.
Anyway, when you get into your major coursework, you will be getting into more specialized things. For example, a prerequisite class would be Biology 101 and a major class would be Embryology 400.



No comments:

Post a Comment