Saturday, July 13, 2013

Is there any money in ice cream?

ice cream open sign
 on Logic & Strategy Long list of online logic games, logic games to play ...
ice cream open sign image



tjsuszka


I am very interested in an ice cream shoppe in my town. I have all of the figures I need and I actually have an appointment to sign the lease.

This is a huge tourist trap and there is alot of traffic in the summer.

My question is how much can someone plan on making in a small walk up ice cream shoppe - with window service - no interior seating?

I believe there is a large mark up on ice cream...

Can someone earn $30,000 to $50,000 in a season?



Answer
if your season is 4 months (120 days) and you want to make $30,000. that's $250 profit a day. If your profit is $1.00 per item sold that's 250 customers a day. If your open from 11am till 8pm (nine hours) that's 27 customers an hour or one every 2 minuets. Feel free to change any of my numbers to fit your business model (maybe you'll be open 10 hours, or maybe you'll only be open on weekends). Don't forget to figure in your overhead (rent, electricity, licensing). Just some thoughts to get you started. Good Luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment