Saturday, April 27, 2013

Why is with the texture of ice cream these days?

ice cream counter
 on ice-cream-counter
ice cream counter image



PrettyP


It's not firm. It's all whipped and airy. It used to be you had to let ice cream sit on the counter to thaw a bit. Now you just scoop into it and it melts while your dishing it up. It doesn't even taste cold or creamy. It's icky.


Answer
I was watching a food network program and they had a thing on ice cream and how it was made. They use a lot of air to whip it up so you can scoop it out. Go figure! Cheap the consumer again. What I do is look for the same size container like a pint and weight on a scale at the grocery or just put in my had and see which one is heavier. I have to remember it's my money not theirs. I ice cream not air. They can blow it out their ears.



No comments:

Post a Comment