Monday, April 29, 2013

Why is my homemade ice cream a funny consistency?

ice cream bowls
 on ice cream scoops in bowl Royalty Free Stock Photo
ice cream bowls image






I'm making home-made ice cream using a Kitchen Aid ice cream mixing bowl and my ice cream had kind of a strange texture, it was a little bit airy, like a meringue or sorbet rather than an ice cream. I know it's not my ingredients, I used cream, but am thinking it may have something to do with the freezing process. Thanks for your help!


Answer
Did you whipped it a lot before you put it in the machine? if yes, then that's why. Plus you don't want to over whip your cream otherwise, you'll get butter or it'll have that buttery texture (not exactly like butter but, that lard feeling on your tongue).

Did you scald/boil your cream first? You should, then let it cool, add your flavoring, etc... let it cool for 2 hours in the fridge, and then put it in your machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment