Sunday, May 12, 2013

how to build a slider inside chest freezer to keep cold air longer?

ice cream door stop
 on the scoops ice cream door stop is adorable full article
ice cream door stop image



library be


I have a chest freezer that i use to sell ice cream. But every time I open it, it looses lots of cold air. I've been trying to build some sort of slider on the inside wall so that when I open it the suction will not take the cold air from it. the thing is, I open it frequently so ...can I screw on the inside wall of the freezer without damaging it, so I can build this slider? please someone help me. Thanks


Answer
mom say no holes or screws

use industrial two sided sticky tape and get a small gauge track then use Plexiglas glass for the slider doors

shut it off and allow it to warm to outside temp, clean it really well, then have a friend help you - give them the flashlight and put them inside the freezer with a marker, shut the door on them - let them mark on the side walls where the door stops on the inside

let friend out

then adhere the tape to the back of the tracks and press below the marker line - leaving one long side off - back to the friend let them hold the under side of the half length Plexiglas and slide the last track in and use the glass to press it to the last wall - then do the same for the other side/half only half an inch lower so they glasses side on top/under each other

let friend out

and give them some ice cream for a treat for helping you



No comments:

Post a Comment