Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Raw pasteurized eggs in cookie dough ice cream?

ice cream maker parts
 on ice cream paper cone machine icpc m1 2 paper cone machine ice cream ...
ice cream maker parts image



Greg


I want to make cookie dough ice cream in my ice cream maker but there is a obvious risk of getting a bad egg and pretty much serving my family something very, very bad. I was thinking of using pasteurized eggs since I hear bakers use this in margarines and multiple other recipes. I plan on using just a normal chocolate chip cookie recipe online, nothing special. Will this work? Is there still a chance the egg could still make us sick and/or the cookie dough will fall part in the ice cream maker? I have a Cuisinart ice-25 version by the way.

If you have any ideas let me know!
Thanks!



Answer
It's incredibly rare to get food poisoning from raw eggs. Plenty of bodybuilders eat numerous raw eggs daily and never get sick.

The FDA regulates that unpasteurized milk and eggs can be kept at room temperature (out of the sun) for up to 24 hours before they start growing a potentially dangerous level of bacteria. Pasturized eggs are even less likely to grow bacteria in that time-span.



No comments:

Post a Comment