Monday, August 19, 2013

Can you still use an electric ice cream maker if you have lost the lid?

electric motor for ice cream maker
 on ice cream maker sorbetiere pour creme glaces maquina para ice cream ...
electric motor for ice cream maker image



Pink Cowgi


I just pulled out my electric ice cream maker and noticed the clear plastic lid is gone. I have the padle, the outside and inside containers, and the motor, but not the lid for the inner container. I was going to make ice cream for tomorrow but I don't know if I should try to use it without the lid. Would aluminum foil work as a temporary fix?


Answer
If I'm not mistaken, the lid holds the dasher in place while the freezer part turns on the base (I have a Krups electric ice cream maker and that's how mine works), so you probably can't.



No comments:

Post a Comment