Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How can I keep my homemade ice cream from melting immediately?

ice cream dishes
 on Pink polka dot ice cream bowls | For the Home
ice cream dishes image



tobemeghan


I have a small electric ice cream maker (where you freeze the bowl) and it makes wonderful ice cream but as soon as you dish it into bowls it starts to melt and before you can walk into the other room to serve it it is already half milk again. Is there anything I can add to keep my ice cream from melting so fast? I am using goats milk with no added cream.

Thanks!



Answer
Put the bowls in the freezer for a bit before putting icecream into them, or, put the made icecream into the freezer before serving it as opposed to serving it immediately. Of course, I find it's much more satisfying to eat it immediately and deal with the partial melt. Oh, and add fresh strawberry slices. =D



No comments:

Post a Comment