Monday, May 6, 2013

why exactally dating should be secret to my kids?

ice cream keeper
 on Ice-cream shop metal container stock photo, Rectangular Ice-cream ...
ice cream keeper image



carrie


I have an 8yo and a 1yr old and keep getting advice about dating. That I should wait a year even before introducing him, or not even having him pick me up at my house? Isn't dating a normal behavior? Why should it be such a secret? Not like I want to move a bunch of differant guys in but I don't see why my kid isn't suposed to know anything? How am I suposed to know if he is a keeper if idk how he interacts with my kids?


Answer
A year is far far far too long. If you get really into this guy over that year, then find out that your kids absolutely can't stand him, then what?

I'd say, wait a month or so just to make sure you really are interested in him, then you two take your kids out to the park or for ice cream together. If you introduce them to every guy you go out with once a week though, they'll get confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment